Benefits of Ozone Therapy!
1. Inactivation of bacteria, viruses, fungi, yeast and protozoa: Ozone disrupts the integrity of the bacterial cell envelope through oxidation of the phospholipids and lipoproteins. In fungi, ozone inhibitscellular growth at certain critical stages. With viruses, theozone damages the lipid envelope and interrupts there productive cycle by disrupting the virus-to-cell contactwith peroxidation.
2. Enhancement of circulation: in circulatory disease, a clumping of red blood cells hinders blood flow through the small capillaries and decreases Oxygen absorption due to reduced surface area. Ozone reduces or eliminates clumping and red cell flexibility is restored, along with Oxygen carrying ability. Oxygenation of the tissues increases as the arterial partial pressure increases and viscosity decreases. Ozone also oxidizes the plaque in arteries, unclogging the blood vessels.
3. Stimulation of Oxygen metabolism: ozone causes an increase in the red blood cell glycolysis rate, stimulating (2,3-DPG) which leads to an increase in the amount of Oxygen released to the tissues. There is a stimulation of the enzymes, which act as free radical scavengers and cell wall protectors: glutathione peroxidase, catalyse, and superoxide dismutase. Ozone activates the Krebs cycle by enhancing oxidative carboxylation of pyruvate, stimulating production of ATP.
4. Formation of peroxides: ozone reacts with the unsaturated fatty acids of the lipid layer in cellular membranes, forming hydro peroxides. Lipid peroxidation products include peroxyl radicals, singlet Oxygen and ozonides.
5. Dissolution of malignant tumours: ozone inhibits tumour metabolism. In addition, ozone oxidizes the outer lipid layer of malignant cells and destroys them through cell-lysis (break-down). Ozone stimulates conversion of L- arginine to citrulline, nitrite and nitrate by phagocytes, acting on tumours.
Age-related diseases are a growing concern world-wide. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) has been shown, in some studies, to help combat degeneration by contributing to the regeneration of tissue and blood vessels. HBOT stimulates the development of new blood vessels in areas of the body where circulation is compromised and is utilized by some physicians to help treat Coronary Heart Disease, Macular Degeneration, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Arthritis and immune related diseases.
Additionally, HBOT helps promote collagen activation to help battle the signs of aging including skin damage and elasticity.
Clinical studies have demonstrated the benefits of HBOT for age-related degenerative conditions by providing cellular aid to all organs in the body to promote health and beauty.
Circulation & General Blood Flow
- Stimulates new blood vessel growth
- Ameliorates atherosclerosis
- Combats & prevents circulatory diseases including diabetes
- Stimulates the generation of ATP
- Promotes stem cell proliferation and mobilisation
- Decreases risk of infection
- Reduces stress & anxiety
- Supports the immune system
- Stimulates neurogenesis
- Promotes neuroplasticity
- Improves memory and reaction times
- Improves oxygenation to cardiac tissue
- Reduces risk of heart attack
- Improves heart muscle function following heart attack
- Combats age-related macular degeneration
- Ameliorates diabetic retinopathy
- Reduces central retinal artery occlusion
- Attenuates glaucoma symptoms
The Joints, Soft Tissue & Bones
- Ameliorates osteoarthritis & rheumatoid arthritis
- Accelerates healing
- Reduces inflammation and pain
- Improves mobility and stamina
- Reduces skin damage from UV-A radiation
- Maintains skin elasticity
Stimulates epithelialization & reduces scar formation
-Roth V, Herron MS, Bueno RA Jr, Chambers CB, Neumeister MW. Stimulating angiogenesis by hyperbaric oxygen in an isolated tissue construct. Undersea Hyperb Med. 2011;38(6):509–514.
-Effects of Hyperbaric Oxygen on Inflammatory
Response to Wound and Trauma: Possible
Mechanism of Action. Noori S. Al-Waili and Glenn J. Butler. The Scientific World JOURNAL (2006) 6, 425–441
-The treatment of neurologically impaired adults and children with mild hyperbaric oxygen. Heuser G, Heuser SA, Rodelander D, Aguilera O and Uszler M. J Neurotrauma. 2013 Dec 1; 30(23): 1995–1999.
-Morton Walker, D.P.M. Hyperbaric Oxygen and Your Heart. Explore. Vol. 9, No. 1